Prepare for SATs
Information for parents: 2018 national curriculum tests at the end of key stages 1 and 2
Essential Viewing – Video overview of the SATs tests – and how you can help
Check these videos out ...
Active Vs. Passive Voice (and Zombies)
Parts of Speech Rap Song
English Word Classes
The Grammar Song
Things you can do to help your child at home
You could download sample SATs papers to work through with your child – focusing on a handful of questions at a time:
Grammar and Punctuation:
- Look at the use of full stops, capitals, commas, brackets, question marks, exclamation marks, speech marks and apostrophes. Find examples of these when reading – discuss where, and why they have been used.
- Understand what nouns, pronouns, determiners, prepositions, contractions, conjunctions, adjectives, verbs and adverbs are and how to use them.
- Know how to add suffixes to words.
- In sentences, check that our child is able to make subjects and verbs agree, putting verbs in the correct tense, inserting words with the correct plurals and recognising a subordinate clause.
- Encourage your child to read non-fiction texts as well as stories.
- Read together. Take turns to read out load to help improve their reading and listening skills.
- Ask them questions about what they have read – they could also test you when it is our turn to read!
- Lean and rehearse times tables to 12 x 12. Recall the corresponding division facts.
- Check that your child is secure with their written methods for +, -, x and ÷
http://mathantics.com will help with this as there are video tutorials for each written method.
Useful Websites for Revision
English and Maths
Monday 9th May
English reading tests,
reading booklet and
associated answer booklet
Tuesday 10th May
Paper 1 -
Short answer questions,
English Grammar Punctuation
Paper 2 - Spelling
Wednesday 11th May
Paper 1 – Arithmetic
Paper 2 - Reasoning
Thursday 12th May
Paper 3 – Reasoning
|Friday 13th May||
Divide a Decimal by 10, 100 and 1000
Long Division with 2-Digit Divisors
Multiplying & Dividing by 10, 100 and 1000
Multi-Digit Multiplication (Part 1)
Multi-Digit Multiplication (Part 2)
What are Percentages